BEC Software Solutions are designed to improve practice management efficiency. Our modular approach allows you to select the solution for your specific needs. The suite consists of independent modules for legal calendaring, docketing and task management; document automation and advanced templates; and matter and contact management. These modules can be used independently or together to provide a custom software solution.
An important component of the BEC software suite is the central database called BEC CoreRelate. CoreRelate simplifies the centralization of matter information and shares this information among all of our modules.
All BEC applications offer exceptional integration with Microsoft Word and Outlook. This enables matter-based document assembly within Word (using shared Word templates and clause libraries that merge with matter information) and centralized date tracking (using a secure database with synchronization to Outlook calendars and task lists.)
Quality documents are essential. They reflect both the expertise and standards of your firm. BEC software – LegalBar and Assemble-It – is specifically designed to elevate the use and efficiency of generating documents.
LegalBar provides a comprehensive solution including templates, legal styles/numbering, and clean-up utilities. Assemble-It organizes your standard legal content and makes it available for insertion in any document. With integration to MatterLink, client/matter data can be pulled into variable data placeholders in your documents. Working together or independently, legal professionals can begin automating documents far beyond everyday formatting.
LegalBar feature highlights:
- Easy to use – intuitive interface with Microsoft Word Ribbons
- Advanced and customizable legal templates
- Standard automated templates (Firm Letterhead, Internal Correspondence, External Communication documents, etc.)
- Firm and Personal Style Guides
- Legal Numbering Tool Features
- Author Preferences allow automatic custom field population on each document generated
- Enhanced Legal Table of Contents generation (and updating)
- Automated document clean-up tools
- File Stamp Utility that works with your document management system
Assemble-It feature highlights:
- Custom Clause Library stores often used text, paragraphs, images, tables, and more for instant insertion into any document
- Variable data is highlighted and can be updated with just a few clicks
- Capturing, reusing and inserting content (without copy/paste problems) provide easy, everyday document assembly
- Content from Firm or Personal Clause Libraries can be created or inserted easily into your document
- Link templates to matters for easy use and retrieval
LegalBar and Assemble-It handle every element of pulling a document together: formatting (and branding), selecting appropriate language from content libraries, and completing with matter-specific data. Implementing these matter-centric document automation solutions improve the quality of your documents and how efficiently they are completed.
Legal Calendaring/docketing is essential for all practice groups. While specific needs will vary depending on area of law, a well designed dependable calendar solution is the cornerstone for good practice management.
Docket Enterprise and Schedule Express provide a comprehensive solution for all practice groups – ligation and transactional.
Docket Enterprise features highlights:
- One click access to client, matter or court information
- Integrates seamlessly with Exchange and Office 365
- Advanced reminders and workflow
- Every change and deletion is contained in an audit database for tracking
- Robust synchronization features push updates to calendars automatically
- Connects and imports data from today’s most popular Time & Billing applications
- Integrates with today’s most popular document management systems (See full list)
- Expandable case management tools (optional)
Quick, easy access to information helps everyone. BEC MatterLink provides a unique, customizable solution to simplify the effort of centralizing and using client, matter and contact information.
MatterLink provides 3 key benefits:
- Provides a digital matter file (i.e., matter contacts, details, notes, assignments, links, users, etc.)
- Connects to Microsoft Office for matter-based document automation and improved legal calendaring and contact management
- Connects to your existing document management and financial management solutions to help matter workflow